2/17/09

My Most Fantastic Day(2-17-09)

Wow I am so excited. I will be getting my license during the summer time of 2010. Then, by September when school starts up I will be driving. That would be my best day ever because it’s something that I really want and need. Right now, I am a freshman and everyday I have to catch the bus. I am always walking also, and I just start to wish, I had a license. When I receive my license I will be driving my mother car to school, but that’s if I don’t have a car. Before, you receive your license you must carry a learners permit around for nine months. I would still be excited but, it’s not going to be my best day ever. People at my school always don’t like to give or rides, or drop people off, or pick people up. I understand that gas was high but now it’s cheap so there is no excuse. Now since the beginning of the school year I have gotten rides from people that I know will say yes, and people I kick it with. I have also learned that you can’t always depend on people from these types of situations. I will explain what I mean by that. One day, I asked this boy for a ride, and he said yeah I got you, so when it was time to go he had a car full of people and there was nowhere for me to fit. At that time gas was high so I know he was not going to make two trips. So I went up to his car and I was thinking like there is nowhere for me to fit, and I was not going to walk to where I was supposed to be. I figured I could not depend on people so I make sure I keep me in there mind, I also ask ahead of time. Everywhere I go I either have to walk or catch the bus, and after a while I am going to get sick and tired of it. Next year my sister will be a senior, so she will be driving. She could have been driving this year but she waited to late, but next I will still be walking and catching the bus, but not as much. The day I get my license will be the best day ever!!

1 comment:

  1. One good think about walking and taking the bus--it means you are independent! You can get around without depending on others. When you start driving you realize that the car is like a bad boyfriend who uses you (for gas, insurance, upkeep) but you can't get rid of. Ha!

    ReplyDelete